Video Poker Tips
Playing video poker online or on a machine is always fun, more so if you’re on a winning roll. Nothing beats hitting huge payouts every time your final hand shows a high-ranked hand like a four of a kind, a straight flush, or a royal flush even. But in attempt to always win every round, most players tend to forget the very basic things that will ensure their bankroll its much needed increase. To help you get a head start at winning in any game variation, here are some video poker tips to remember:
- It’s always better to practice and learn the fundamentals of video poker before playing in casinos using real money. In this way, you can avoid losing more than you should. You can use software like Video Poker for Winners or Frugal Video Poker to train your skills.
- Play free video poker games to get the actual feel of playing. Choosing these free games won’t let you win any amount, but it won’t also charge you anything.
- One of the video poker tips that you should always remember is to know when to stop, especially when you’re not in the mood, too tired to think, or just having a rough day. Emotions can take a toll on your decision-making skills, so it’s better to have a break for the mean time to prevent losing money.
- No one’s pressuring you to decide quickly, so maintain the pace you’re most comfortable playing at. Remember to take your time in analyzing, because your money is at stake here.
- There are many game variations of video poker, and they all employ different rules. Jacks or Better, Decues Wild, and Jokers Wild are some of the popular video poker games. So, make sure that you know which game you’re playing in order to know the appropriate game play.
Jacks or Better video poker tips:
- Play the 9/6 Jacks or Better Video Poker game as it pays more than the version that offers 8 coins for a full house and 6 coins for a flush under the 1 credit line.
- Choose video poker machines that offer 99.5% return.
Bonus and Progressive game tips:
- Only play these games when your bankroll and the jackpot are already high.
- Choose to play the version that offers 10 coins for a full house and 7 coins for a flush.
Deuces Wild video poker tips:
- It’s better to choose the one that pays 9 coins for a straight flush and 5 coins for a four of a kind.
Jokers Wild tips:
- Look for the machines that offer 7 coins for a full house and 5 coins for a flush as shown in the first column of the pay table.