Video Poker Guide
In order to increase your chances of winning huge payoffs, including the jackpot when you catch a royal flush, it’s essential that you know exactly what to do before you make a wager on a video poker game. After all, this is a game of skill. So, if you want to enjoy the high odds of winning while playing video poker, you should first be willing to expand your knowledge and learn the various strategies and important details needed to do well in this game. If you’re heading toward this direction, then feel free to use this video poker guide.
In this video poker guide, you will be introduced to different poker hands, to the basic steps of playing, and to some useful tips to help you increase your bankroll.
Get to know the poker hands
In video poker, players must aim to form a hand in order to win. A hand basically means a combination of five cards that follow a hand ranking system. For a quick video poker guide, here are all the poker hands ranked from highest to lowest:
- Royal flush—ace, king, queen, jack, 10 of the same suit
- Straight flush—five cards of the same suit arranged consecutively
- Four of a kind—four cards that are of the same rank
- Full house—three cards of the same rank plus two cards of another same rank
- Flush—five cards that have the same suit, regardless of sequence
- Straight—five cards in consecutive order, regardless of suit
- Three of a kind—three cards that are of the same rank with two unmatched cards
- Two pair—two cards of the same rank plus two more cards of another same rank
- Jacks or better—a pair of jack, queen, king, or ace
Each of these hands corresponds to certain payoffs as shown on the pay tables of various video poker games. Of course, the royal flush will score you the jackpot when you play the maximum bet of 5 coins.
Get started with video poker
Whether you’re playing on a video poker machine or on a downloaded casino, it’s easy to start a round of video poker.
- Choose the kind of video poker you want to play.
- Make a wager. If you want a chance to win the jackpot, then play the maximum bet. Normally, this amounts to 5 coins.
- Once dealt with five cards, carefully choose the cards you want to be replaced. If you’re already dealt with a hand, then hold.
That’s how easy it is to begin playing video poker. The important step here is finding out which cards you should discard. Once you have mastered it, there’s no doubt that your chances of winning payoffs will increase.
Get comfortable with tips
- If you’re not yet confident with your poker skills, then you might want to play video poker games that have a lower maximum bet to avoid losing money.
- Know the basic strategies to transform your cards into a hand of royal flush.
- Play the different variations of Jacks or Better Video Poker to find which one you will enjoy the most in terms of payoffs and fun.
- If you’re a skilled player, it’s all right to play video poker machines that offer lower pay tables. After all, you will have high chances of winning when you’re equipped with the right strategies.
- Don’t play video poker in casinos that have super attractive pay tables if you’re a first-time player who still lacks enough skills. You will likely end up losing more.